Monday, January 2, 2012

Cottage Inspiration: Dining Room Walls

The Cottage, ca. 1940, has wallpapered dining room walls, painted red, with little light.
Tiny budget too.  A few days ago, inspiration via Greige Design, a bead board wall with plates, above.
.
The ANTICIPATION of creating the walls is palpable.  Using Benjamin-Moore HC Lancaster Whitewash with white plates and silver plated platters.
.
Soon, The Cottage will have a neo-butler's pantry belonging to a much larger estate.  It's dining room where the 'help' dines.  (Rather obvious I watched Downton Abbey last nite on PBS.)
.
Along with mission statement, narrative & back story inhabit this sweet project.
.
Garden & Be Well,      XO Tara

5 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara...All of the walls in my cottage are Lancaster Whitewash and all of my woodwork is Bennington Gray (both by Benjamin Moore) -- very similar to the palate of this photo. I love the plate rack. I have a big platter collection in my pantry.
Have fun with your project. Happy New Year.
xo, Rosemary

Unknown said...

When people drop by my own cottage I make certain to remind them that I had to give the second footman the day off ...

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Ooo Tara I LOVE this photo above.. what wonderful inspiration! I love the feel of it and of course I love bead board. If my kitchen could one day have the character of our newly remodeled bathroom I'd be VERY happy. Good luck and have fun with your project!
Maura :)

La Petite Gallery said...

I love a bright Kitchen. Red would frustrate me.. Great Idea about the bike. Great exercise and look at the wear and tear on the car, you are saving.. All my best wishes from the bottom of my heart. Hope we talk in 2012
and stay healthy right?

yvonne

Anonymous said...

Completely brilliant! You are so smart to nail that fantastic solution!

Love the "second footman" comment!

This cottage is going to be totally divine!
I have the "can't waits"!!!