Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Front Porch: A Way to Test Design

Good design is pretty, comfortable, affordable, leverages activities and your spirit.
.

Good design is also 'testable'.


With a camera.  Can you take spur-of-the-moment pics and they are worthy of a magazine, catalogue or book cover?
.
If you must 'style' your pics so far from how you truly live in the space you're not done designing the space.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Pics Susanne Hudson's front porch, last month, which is mere feet from a busy road.
.
Last weekend a client showed me a pic of her baby granddaughter in the garden.  It could have been used in a magazine for toddlers. A quick snap without thought of the background beauty.  And that was intentional in the Garden Design.  The client 'got it' after the pic.  Granddaughter, grandma & designer....trinity of happy!

4 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

Oh...my I have so enjoyed all the photos of Susanne Hudson's garden and porch and conservatory! Love all of them....so many good ideas.

Jenny M said...

It looks so beautiful & peaceful...I would rather be there then here at my desk doing EOY reports. Love your thoughts and tips on gardens, thank you for sharing.

Lori Buff said...

You're making me long for a larger front porch.

Jennifer said...

Very much me in a sit a spell way!