Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Bunny Mellon: Garden & Gun

Topiaries & terra cotta.  All sizes.  25 a good start.
.
Enough to set about, and, trade out.  Trade weekly, prevent spider mites.  The off-exhibit, outside.
.


Enough topiary & terra cotta to pass forward with Lunch Ministry.


In Vanity Fair, below, ca. August, 2010. Bunny Mellon hit my radar.  Rare, the person intentionally gardening just-like-me.  Oh my, yes.  This, below, stopped me.  A kindred spirit.  Who exactly is Bunny Mellon?  In the fullness of time, may she keep returning to your radar, as she does mine.





“Nothing should stand out. It all should give the feeling of calm. When you go away, you should remember only the peace.”  Bunny Mellon, of her beloved, Oak Spring  Farm.



Delightful YouTube about Bunny Mellon, here.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara

2 comments:

Lori Buff said...

I just want to hang out with her.

Connie in Hartwood said...

What a wonderful concept ... only remember the peace.

This reminds me of an article that I was reading at the dentist's office earlier in the week, a short piece on Charles Gillette and his gardens in Virginia.