Saturday, April 30, 2016

Pot Cluster

Pot Cluster, below.
.
Quite the thing to do, across Europe for centuries.



Pic, above, here.

Of course there are 2 personalities about the Pot Cluster, "Not in a billion years.", and, "Oh goody, I get to buy more plants."
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
Want a Pot Cluster but life is woe-unto-me at present?  A single pot can be your Pot Cluster.  More than a potted plant, it's your spirit saying, "I choose beauty, I choose to smile."
.
During the few short days it took to sell 2 houses & buy a house, about this time last year, I bought a lone tomato plant from wallyworld.  Potted into classic terra cotta, sited on axis from every window at the back of the house, leaving my 30 year precious sweet garden, this little tomato plant carried my heart.  Beloved was out-of-state working during the 'festivities' of moving.   He did come home for a weekend, teased me terribly about my Charlie Brown tomato plant.  Of course that tomato plant made the move, Beloved could not believe discovering it had made the move.  That I would "waste" my time upon that lone tomato plant, "You won't get any tomatoes, cheaper to buy them at the store, waste of time to keep it watered."  After the 1st frost, Beloved & I were walking in our new garden and we discovered, at the same moment, my Charlie Brown tomato plant near death, leaves brown/crisp, yet it had a silver dollar sized tomato, pristine, ripe, beautiful orange-red.  That lone tomato worth more than a grocery store full of tomatoes, to me.  With a piquant bonus, Beloved vanquished by a tomato.  How didn't he see at the front end I wasn't planting a tomato, I was planting a metaphor?

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh Tara ~ What a lovely, touching post!

**Want a Pot Cluster but life is woe-unto-me at present? A single pot can be your Pot Cluster. More than a potted plant, it's your spirit saying, "I choose beauty, I choose to smile."**

Thank you ~ FlowerLady ~ who chooses beauty and to smile

martamag said...

Très joli ce post. La photo est merveilleuse avec les briques et ce vert... cru!

Jean Campbell said...

My metaphor tomato is now as tall as the side walls of the greenhouse.

It's a third generation clone. I like rooting suckers.