Friday, August 4, 2017

Garden Design Layer: Wonk

Perfect settings are a delight, think Carolyne Roehm, but the every day do for myself must have a touch of wonk.  No, that's too narrow, I put wonk into every Garden Design.  Specializing in creating new historic Garden Designs, wonk is a layer of narrative.  A given.
.
What is wonk?  Most often wonk is completely je ne c'est pas.  Wonk arrives to you, a gift.  Once wonk arrives, like love, you'll know.  Become a fertile pasture, wonk arrives as the honey bees do in South Georgia.
.
A new wonk, below.
.
Love me some new wonk.  Plonk that tree on the table.

Rustic and Reclaimed. Leila Lindholm - Leila Lindholm
Pic, above, here.
.
Made my first bonafide roux last nite.  The house is still swimming in its perfect dark dark brown fragrance early this morning.  My hair too.  Heaven.  I can smell the kitchen, above, it's last night's wild caught South Carolina shrimp etouffee made without a recipe.  A meal from my previous life, and apparently I paid attention.  Beloved paid attention, eating speaks louder than words.  Few leftovers, and I cooked enough for all the dishes set on the table, above.  
.
This trinity of wonk, above, potted tree/cut wildflowers/nursery herbs, set onto the harvest table, already embedded into my Garden Design DNA.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO T  

3 comments:

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

Tara, I do adore that table setting and room...so cozy, quaint and packed full of charm! Changes in my life and I thank you for caring...bless you!

Penelope Bianchi said...

Tara......I mean it. You have to google......Lotusland.....and see.

Are you kidding.....??? "WONK"!! PERSONIFIED! ON A LARGE SCALE!

You simply must come!!!

Penny

David C. said...

Sounds tasty; my ex learned to make a roux from one of my sisters, though I never picked up on that. But I like cooking and do fairly well. The harvest table and different chairs is better than I often see, maybe it's the potted olive tree!